Getting started with Echothread is quite simple. Once you've added the app to your Slack workspace, you'll have a new "Echothread" bot available to invite into the channel you wish to publish. Once you've invited Eavesdrop, it will return a echothread.com URL where your content is being published.
Here's an example Echothread: https://echothread.com/c/c9ne3tsbv
1. First, install the Eavesdrop app to your Slack workspace by going to Echothread.com and clicking "Add to Slack".
You'll be asked to log into Slack and select your workspace. Click "Authorize".
2. Now that Echothread is added to your Slack workspace, you'll get a private message from the Echothread bot:
3. Invite the Echothread bot into the channel you wish to publish. You can do this a few different ways.
When creating a new channel, you can start typing "echothread" in the "Send invites to:" field:
Or if you've already created the channel, select that channel and send a slash command:
Or if you prefer, tap or click the channel name and select "Invite new members to join...":
Then start typing "echothread" and click "invite":
4. From there, the Echothread bot will be in your channel, and will return a echothread.com URL:
5. Give your Slack channel a topic and purpose, which will be used as the echothread.com page title and description.
6. Start Slack'ing! Anything you now post in that channel can be found at the URL Echothread returned.